Sunday, August 05, 2007

B is for Balance


I've constantly been trying to find some sort of Balance in my life. I have been blessed to be named a name as beautiful as Harmony but I have to admit that sometimes it's downright hard to life up to. I struggle with balancing my thoughts and what I want to do with what I actually do. This past month has been incredibly difficult for me in figuring out what my next step is in life. I've finished school and have moved back home. Adjusting to that has been alright. I still have to find a job though and I'm not entirely sure what I'm waiting for. I've applied to one place so far but to no avail. There are a few others that I'm interested in I'm just not sure how well they would fit into my life right now.

I've been working since I was 10 and I've always done any job that came to me. I've done paper routes, data entry, stocking grocery shelves, retail, babysitting, mowing lawns, cleaning construction sites, renovating houses, making costumes, teaching at camps and waitressing. Now all of these jobs have been great experience for me and I can truly say that I enjoyed them all (most aspects of them anyways), it's just that I've never actually done a job that I've searched for or sought out that had to do with my interests and degree. I guess I am just ready to do something that I have been training for all this time now. The only thing is that I don't exactly know what that is. What I do know is that I love working with kids and art and if I could combine these two that would be wonderful. I would love to teach but I don't really care to work in the public school system. I would love to start my own school of Art for home schoolers. I'm just not sure if I want to start out doing something so unstable and risky. I don't know if anything like this already exists in my community and if not how to start one.

While I am still searching for a job I've been helping my Dad out with some work on the properties. I've also been teaching some girls from my church how to quilt and that has been an absolute joy. They are quick learners and a lot of fun to work with. Spending time with family has been at the top of the list also during this in between time. I know that God has something in line for me I just hope and pray that I'm not too blind to see it when it's sitting right in front of me.

As for the rest of my B list here you are.....

* I think I'm terribly boring when it comes to conversing with others.
* I've been known to be boisterous


* My sister tells me I have a big mouth
* My all time favorite family recipe is broccoli and cheese casserole
* I went berry picking for the first time ever this summer down near Harpers Ferry.
* I'm going to Baltimore tomorrow to pick up my cousin after spending almost a month with our uncle's family in New Jersey.


* I love going barefoot.
* I'm incredibly blessed to have the family, friends, and faith that I have.

1 comment:

relying on God said...

I think your name suits. You have a harmonious spirit. You do live up to your name. Not everyone can say that. You bless my life. :) Love, Mom.