I am truly finding it hard to believe that Thanksgiving is so close at hand. I remember the things I told my self I was going to do last year and am saddened to know that I haven't fulfilled them all. This past year has been more thoughtful with regard to things that I am grateful for and people too. It is so easy to just live life taking everything and everyone for granted, but this past year I have tried to notice more what people do and say that I am grateful for. Here are a few things that I am thankful for:
- people willing to drive for me when I don't want to
- the willingness of others to listen
- the thoughtfulness of others to check up on me even when I don't want to be bothered
- people who believe in something enough to share it with me (regardless of whether or not I agree)
- knowing that you have people who will take care of you if you're in trouble
- being able to talk to people about your worries and fears and let them go
- a God who never tires of me
- friends and family always willing to reconnect
- understanding and acceptance of my strangeness
- crisp autumn air
- the worlds abundance of curiosities
- kids who are so excited and full of love everytime I walk in the door at work
- trials that bring me closer to the one who made me (not always on this one, but I'm trying)
These are just a few of the things I wish I had written down every day to remember what I'm grateful for over the past year. I wonder what I will be able to be thankful for next year.
What are you thankful for?