Monday, November 19, 2007

Q is for Quiltmaker

Yes, I'm only 23yrs. old and a quiltmaker. There's no rule that you have to be an old empty nester to be a quilter (or an old maid for that matter). When I was 12 yrs. old my Grandmother taught me how to make my first quilt. I haven't been able to stop since. There's something about the ability to maneuver the colors of fabric around to make something beautiful and warm that someone will wrap themselves in. Now I haven't made many quilts but I've dreamt of them. I've planned for them, even bought fabric for them. It is my goal this coming year to complete many of my unfinished quilts that are waiting around to be finished. Let's see if I will follow through.

Here I am enjoying a quilt by the fire with friends this past year. The quilt was made by my mother and the qulited pillow made by me.

Some other Q things about me:

I'm not very quiet most of the time. I really try to be but when I get excited or find something funny it's hard to hold back.

Oh this is a big one. I am a walking question. I'm constantly asking questions. I know my family gets tiresome of it because that's the reason for my one and only time of being grounded. I was asking a lot of questions in the car when I was four and my momma was pregnant with Symphony. The questions were just too much for her nerves so she begged daddy to do something about it so he grounded me from asking any more questions. I'm not exactly sure how long I was supposed to be grounded for but I'm quite positive it didn't last very long.

No comments: