Monday, August 18, 2008

Count Your Blessings


I had forgotten that I hadn't posted about my car until my cousin Elizabeth asked me about it in an e-mail recently. This is my car. It doesn't have a name and I haven't even cleaned it yet since buying it (you know, to officially make it mine), but it's mine. This past winter I had an accident. One in which my car was totalled and I was left very badly shaken and sore. In a previous post I mentioned how God had blessed me with a gift of money from some mysterious friends. My insurance didn't cover any of it and I had to start all over with buying a car. This was something I hadn't had to worry about for a while because my old car had been paid off for a few years now. I didn't know how I was going to be able to afford another car payment but with this mysterious gift and borrowing a car for a while from my dear daddy I was able to save up enough to buy a new car free and clear. It took a while to find a car that was in decent condition and affordable. Plus, I really wanted a car that was 'stick' because I had just learned how to drive since my old car had wrecked (out of necessity). One day I was looking at Craig's list and found this little gem for just my price and I have been driving it for 3 months now. This is the car that I prayed for and God provided just like he always does. It may not always happen the way we want it or in our time but He always takes care of us. Just wanted to share that as an encrouagement to anyone who may need it (myself included because it's so easy to forget the things that God does for us in this world).

No comments: