Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Winter Wonderland

This winter has been a strange one indeed. It started out with record highs and now we're down to record lows. They even had a two hour delay for local schools the other day because it was too cold (with wind chills of -17 degrees!). Anyways I came home today to work on my car before Bible study and to my astonishment the creek was covered in ice.


This being my parents first winter at the Creekhouse, we'd never experienced anything like this. Last year around this time I was taking my friends kayaking down the creek. I must say that although it is cold it is still beautiful to behold. I am thankful for the winter weather and have enjoyed seeing snow around here lately (even though it doesn't last for very long). Now all we need is a really good snow to go sledding with.

Here are a few other pictures of the creek that we have come to call home.


It's really quite fun when the fog is out in full force here (that is if you're not driving around in it of course).

No comments: