Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Slor Fest 2007

So what have I been up to lately? Well other than being completely weird because of medications from my wisdom teeth removal surgery (yea I guess I did act a little weird, but I just thought it was my everyday normal kind of weird, apparently it was a bit more than that from the accounts I hear from my friends), and sleeping a lot because they made me sleepy, I've been working with my friends on a sled! Not just any sled though. You see this sled is a giant whale sled with a mini boat to go with it. We are making this sled to enter in the Cedar Ridge Wild and Wacky Card Board Sled Derby.


Here are a few photos of our work in progress.



All of the helpers include: Karla, Matt, Dustin, Joel, Amy, Katie, and then there's me.



You have to be careful with this whale because it has teeth and likes to eat people that say "glorious day" all the time. Joel was it's first victim. His memorial service will be held this Sunday at 2pm at Whitetail ski resort where we will also be holding the sled race at the same time. Once we've finished racing we're going to be cutting the whale open to retrieve his remains. I know it will be a sad day but it should also be a day to celebrate the going home of our dear friend.

Hope to see you there (whoever you are)!

3 comments:

Julie Bungard said...

Wow, that sounds like a really fun project! So, do you have any snow to try this sled out?

Anonymous said...

hi this is sally (friend of matt, i met you at the derby). i enjoyed your pictures! it was really cool to see the construction of slor nino!

relying on God said...

i'm glad that you enjoyed them, and thanks for making it out there to see the race!