Friday, August 21, 2009

a fragile existence


Have you ever been frustrated with how fragile and breakable you or the ones you love are? I can see how easily it would be to become angry with God for the loss of a loved one or the pain we experience in this life through sickness, pain and disease.

Then I have to think about that amazing truth that God made us this way for a purpose. If we lived forever and could never feel pain, the joy and preciousness of this life would be lost on us. We would forget to cherish every moment and live our lives full. I may not always thank God for the life that he gave me (especially when I think my body is not acting like it's supposed to, I hear that happens more and more as we grow old) but it is my goal to try!

Lord help my existence not to be an empty one but full of the joy You give.

1 comment:

Kara Kim said...

Harm that is so true with my grandma i realized how fragile and breakable these human bodies are.

i am thankful that God has givin me a strong healthy body and chose to help my grandma even if she don't get fully healed.