Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Moments

Last night we had the first "real" thunderstorm that we've had in a while (maybe a couple of years). Growing up in Florida will allow you to appreciate and not fear so much the beauty and power of a thunderstorm. Well whenever we get one around here you stop whatever you're doing and you go enjoy it. That's what I did last night with my mother. She found me working on the computer and told me to come see something in the laundry room.

At first I must admit I was irritated and told her I would in a minute. Well when I hadn't finished what I was doing in a minute she came back again and said that there was something I really needed to see.

Let me just interject here that mom has been on an absolute cleaning kick lately (which is not all that odd), and has been telling me a lot lately to stop what I'm doing to see what she's done that day. This particular evening she had painted the back porch and walkway, painted the stairs inside, water-pressure cleaned the bricks out front, and done laundry. So I had been getting up a lot. I've been working on getting some pictures together that I'd taken of my friends wedding a couple of weekends ago, so I was really trying to get some work done. Finally, though my mother's insistence won me over and I walked outside with her and stood in absolute awe of God's amazing world (I wanted to kick myself for not going sooner, mom really wanted it to be a surprise so I could enjoy it more, she knows me to well).

We stood there for close to an hour and just watched and talked.

Mostly we just watched.

And stood in awe.

I think the best part of that night was just hearing my mother thank God aloud for the thunderstorm. It reminded me that I am truly blessed to have a family with whom our faith is open and out loud (most of the time).

Thank you God for the thunderstorm, and for my family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Harmony my name is Joseph Briggs I never knew that you have your own blog that is nice......I like your blog that is very nice...Last 2 nite we hade a bad storm 1 storm we had I want to my Mom room to watch t.v soo it was very nice !!!!!!!!!!! So I herd that Matt got maried that is soo nice ...I like you pictures they look very nice so I will talk to you latteR...I have my own blog it call Joe's life or you can email me at jsb785@live.com I will talk to you letter

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe said...

Hi Harmony my name is Joseph Briggs I never knew that you have your own blog that is nice......I like your blog that is very nice...Last 2 nite we hade a bad storm 1 storm we had I want to my Mom room to watch t.v soo it was very nice !!!!!!!!!!! So I herd that Matt got maried that is soo nice ...I like you pictures they look very nice so I will talk to you latteR...I have my own blog it call Joe's life or you can email me at jsb785@live.com I will talk to you letter..

Alex and Melody Our Story said...

I love you, you dummy head :)